Monday 28 March 2016

Manic Monday #107



Happy Easter! 
I hope you've all enjoyed a wonderful extended weekend. 

I've spent the majority of the 4 days sorting and moving all of my belongings and feeling nostalgic, there was obviously a bit of pub and drinking action too...but moving has been my main aim this weekend as our lease ends on Thursday. 

Moving definitely made me realise how much stuff I have that I was hanging on to for no particular reason other than I'll use that one day, or I used that so much at one point, surely I'll need it again...
 I've been very strict with myself and have organised huge amounts of my belongings to go to charities or other family members. 

I had another huge sort out of clothes as well and donated several bags to Oxfam, I find sorting through my clothes much more cathartic than any other sorting. I feel like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders when my clothes are more condensed and look more me. 

We took a small break today and visited Ben's aunt for the annual Egg Hunt Extravaganza.
It's my favourite Auntie Carol holiday. 
I turn in to a child for 15 minutes and run around the garden with our nieces and nephew battling it out to get as many eggs as possible. 
I thought I'd be slightly more generous to the little ones this year...but I still managed to get 14! 
It's always so lovely to see Ben's family as we don't see them as much as we should, the kids are all at such great ages and have amazing personalities that I love spending time with them and watching them all interact together as a little unit. 

 I think I'm going to treat myself to a relaxing bath this evening before the return to normality tomorrow!

How have you spent your Easter weekend?

Toodles
x

No comments:

Post a Comment