Monday 9 February 2015

Manic Monday #52



  I'm running out of ways to start these posts, but welcome to today's installment of me waffling about a subject of my choice on a Monday! Hooray.

I had a look back at my recent posts and have noted that the beauty and make-up posts have been a little on the 'not-happening' side of the scales. I have been putting products to the test and have snapped many a lipstick, mascaras, eyeshadow palette, nail varnish...you name it, I've probably taken a photo of it.

They will be back with vengeance soon, I was planning on a couple a few weeks ago but wanted to give them a thorough testing as I felt I was being disingenuous by not properly giving them a go. I tend to get excited by new products and say that everything is great and a few weeks down the line not using them again. 

Anyway, after that incredibly long introduction, on with the post.

Currently, in my place of work I think I am being taken for a ride, yes, I have been there the shortest time, yes, I am therefore on the lowest rate of pay and yes, I generally do most things that are asked of me by my directors.

To cut quite a long story short, several things today grated on me, as I was running around like a blue-bottomed fly getting everything done, tasks were shoved my way when the people doing the shoving are more than capable and have enough spare times themselves to do it.

I was in a "I need to rant to someone" kind of mood...so I did...but don't you just want to sometimes have a rant and not have the advice that follows?

I didn't want the advice today, I just wanted someone to say "Oh, that sucks..." I don't want to always be told "You should do...", "You should say...", "Why don't you just...". I will handle it, the way I will handle it. I did the things that were given to me by my directors and flat out ignored the person who was trying to push his work on to my when he has no place to do so.

Sometimes, rather than giving someone some advice that they may not necessarily want them to hear, just listen to them and be sympathetic. 

Just so you know...I got the sympathy on the third try! Woohoo! Third times a charm.

I hope your Monday was a good one. What is your stance on my post? Do you like to receive advice when you have a rant about something? Or are you like me and just sometimes want someone to listen?

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment