Sunday 2 November 2014

November


Dear November,

As soon as I hear your name, I always instantly partner you with freezing temperatures, grey skies, dam, soggy grass and naked trees.
Yet it only feels like 5 seconds ago that Autumn hit, however I think I may be a little hasty with my instantaneous association to you with Winter.
Maybe it should the latter half of you as a month more so than now.

Today is my Dad's birthday, the second of November. I love family birthdays; my little, mad family all come together and we go off out to celebrate the day as one. It may seem silly to some, but it is the little things that happen when we're all together that make me realise we're a good team.

On the other side of my newer, in-law, family there is a stark contrast as someone is currently fighting hard with their life as I type. We have had an update, he is doing much better and things are looking much brighter. I am still praying with all my heart that he pulls through completely. I couldn't and don't want to imagine one without the other and it would be cruel to rip them apart so young and have a new addition to the family. 

Today, November, I definitely felt your presence.

Please treat us nicely.

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment