Wednesday 12 November 2014

Emotion


 Crying and me have always had a close relationship.

Ben refers to me as a delicate flower because it doesn't take much for me to shed a tear, from the downright strange to the incapably beautiful.

I've been thinking about the emotion that I feel building up very quickly inside me before I feel my eyes welling up.

I cry when I laugh, I cry when I'm happy, I cry when
I'm sad, I cry when I'm frustrated.

Plainly put, I'm a crier. It's great though, I love a good cry, it makes me feel relief throughout my body, like I've let something heavy go from my thoughts.

I think the older I've got, the quicker the emotion fires up through my body. I feel myself getting emotional when I hear that someone else I know has been upset about something, when I hear beautiful words spoken on a video I might watch or if I hear some lovely lyrics for the first time.

I've been watching a lot of the W Magazine Screen Tests by Lynn Hirschberg recently.

Mostly when she interviews actors and actresses she asks them which is the first film that had an impact on them. Needless to say the answers vary far and wide from each individual.

I was thinking about the first film that really had an impact on me, (aside from The Lion King and no, I don't want to talk about it...) I don't think it happened to me until I was quite old, as I hadn't really seen a huge amount of movies in my life...to put it simply most of the movies that people should have 'seen' I generally haven't.

Anyway...

The first film that really got to me, I mean deeply affected me, was Requiem for a Dream. If you haven't seen it, you definitely should, if you are over 18, it is definitely not suitable for anyone under the age of 18. I was glad I actually watched it on my own, when the film finished I was sobbing uncontrollably on my bed, with a horrible achy feeling in my chest. I'm pretty sure my heart broke when I watched it. It still makes me feel really weird to think about it, even though I have only watched it once about 8 years ago. 

This post has taken an odd turn, but I've been thinking a lot about emotions and how different things affect me and other people differently depending on what you're like as a person.

What was the first film or TV show that had an impact on you?

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment