Monday 14 April 2014

Monday - Reflection

I wanted to do my usual Monday post, but I didn't want to do my usual sort of post because this doesn't deserve my lightheartedness.

I heard some incredibly sad news over the weekend; a guy that I used to go to Secondary School with died on Saturday.

It was out of the blue and sudden from what I've heard through my brother and friends. It's such a devastating time for his family and the people who surrounded him in his short life. The loss of anyone is hard on people, but I think it's especially difficult for a parent to lose a child at such a young age.

I wasn't particularly close with Will, we spoke probably a handful of times, but I still felt incredibly saddened when I heard the news. I think it shook me to realise that someone my age, that I knew and had shared some experiences with was no longer here and walking on this earth.

It opened my eyes a little to the fact that death will come when it comes, it doesn't matter who we are, how old we are or what we do.

It is an inevitable part of life.

I have taken a little piece of this with me and will always try to live my life how I want to live it. Try not to take things for granted and definitely will try to not sweat the small stuff.

I think that is all we can do, but it's a shame that it has taken the death of a peer of mine to make my realise. We definitely all take things for granted occasionally, something will be put in the mix to bring us back to earth with a bump.

I wish everyone well and hope that you have all had a lovely day.

Keep smiling.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment