Friday 4 December 2015

Winter Walks


 Taking a walk today was refreshing, the air was cold and crisp. The wind was fluttering tendrils of my hair around my face as I walked through familiar streets, now noticing the small secrets kept by my home town that always went unnoticed when passing in a car. 

It was quiet and peaceful, listening to the sound of the cars rumbling by, watching people go about their every day business, places to go and people to see. It was probably all that different knowing I didn't have any where that I needed to be. 

Wandering in to the quiet streets you get to hear the sound of the wind swirling around you, you feel the coldness biting at your nose, leaving cheeks pink as you make your way to your destination.

It turned in to a cat spotting adventure, seeing them slinking around on roofs, following me down the street, chirping away at me, sitting on the windowsill of their warm homes, eyes closed in the winter sun. 

I need to dedicate more time to walking and exploring, I take it for granted. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment