Saturday 14 November 2015

My Top Five Lipsticks

I seem to be a magpie when it comes to lipsticks, I just never seem to have enough, I thought it was about time I took you through my top five picks that I reach for most occasions!


1; Bourjois Rouge Edition in Rose Tweed
This is my number one, go-to, most used, most loved lipsticks. I saw this and just grabbed it. It's a great your lips but better shade for me, the colour is just great. I feel like I look 'put together' when I have this lipstick on. If I'm going out for dinner, this is what I grab. It's creamy, moisturising and is comfortable to wear. I like to wear this with the Rimmel Lip Liner in Eastend Snob and if I'm going all out put a bit of L'Oreal Color Riche Extraordinaire liquid lipstick in Molto Mauve over the top.

2; Revlon Lip Butter in Sorbet
This is more of a daytime, summer colour but I still grab and go all year round. If I'm out and about doing chores on a Saturday and want to add a pop of colour to my make-up look then this is generally the direction that I go in. I'm not usually one for Barbie pinks, but this is quite a flattering shade of pink on my pale skin, it's not incredibly in-yer-face and it's not too blue that it makes me look ill. The longevity time wise isn't great but it does stay put, no need to worry about smudging it all over your face if you do happen to forget you have lipstick on...which I do all the time.

 
3; Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Petunia
I picked this up in Toronto - check me out - during my holiday, on a drugstore dash type of spree. I was alone, much damage was done. This was my shining star from that particular shopping spree, it's berry-toned goodness all in one bullet. It does have some slight glitter particles in it, which I'm not overly keen on but I generally flick them off if I can see it sitting on my lips. The formula is lovely and moisturising, it lasts really well, especially when paired with my Topshop lip liner in Deception.

4; Jaclyn Hill in 1975
I know this isn't technically a Jaclyn Hill product but seeing as she had all the input...I'll just call it Jaclyn's. I adore this shade so much, when she first showcased it on YouTube I instantly wanted it. It didn't disappoint when I did manage to get my hands on it. It's a very unusual colour, it's slightly chocolate, slightly red, slightly wine, slight purple, a little burgundy...I wouldn't really know where I'd put it. I grab this when I want something a little more than Rose Tweed, it's matte so it sticks around and it can even survive a dinner.


5; Bite BB Lipstick in Tawny.
I also grabbed this in Canada on my first Sephora experience, Bite is a brand that I'd been wanting to try for some time. I didn't realise this was a BB lip stick when I picked it up, but was glad that I ended up going away with it. It's a brown toned peach colour which is definitely not a shade I would normally pick up, but as it's a BB it's incredibly moisturising as well as sheer which tones down the shade considerably making it a nice addition for every day wear. I tend to put this on before work as the moisture sticks around for a while and isn't too gloopy on the lips. The packaging is chic yet understated, but it also makes you feel like you're carrying something luxe around in your bag. I'd love to try some more of the Bite range!

Let me know what your favourites are! Have you tried any of my mentions before?

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment