Monday 23 November 2015

Manic Monday #90


 [Image Source: Pinterest]

With each passing week I'm finding that I spend more and more time trying to think of a witty opening line than on the content I actually put in these posts. Being witty isn't a natural trait of mine so it can take quite some time and before long I'm just generally digging in to the waffle and digressing which is exactly what I'm doing right at this very moment! 

November is disappearing as quickly as the other months have done this year, I think a nod in NaNoWriMo's direction is needed for the heightened speed of November's passing. I've been investing most of my spare time into writing as much as I can in 30 days, my Moleskine notebook has become my other half and is never out of my sight, she even comes to work with me and keeps me company in dull periods of the day. 

I'm still far behind the 50k word target, but I've done far more than I would have done if I hadn't signed up for NaNoWriMo. I think the fact that I have handwritten 98% of my total so far would probably explain why I am lagging behind slightly. 

Progress is progress.

I'm now entering my last full week at current job, I'm not sure it's sunk in yet that I'm leaving but I know my final day will creep up on me without warning. Working a months notice feels like such a long time at the time of writing the letter, informing colleagues etc but we're charging on through. Today unfortunately fully reaffirmed the reasons that I sought out a new job and why I was so chuffed to be leaving in the first place.
But I'll be in my new job before I know it...meep!

 We visited Ben's sisters family on Sunday and had a lovely day spent with them, our little niece is a bright, sweet girl who is full of life. It's great to see her and to interact with her as well, I love children at this age when they're out of the delicate baby stage!

I'm investing quite sometime in to house hunting now as well, we have a few months left on our lease but I think it's best to keep an eye on what is out there, even if we're not prepared in the slightest, as we might miss a gem. The downside of living in the "third best place to live in the UK" is that property prices are ludicrous and the gems get snapped up quickly by nobby property developers who just rent their properties out. #FirstWorldProblems

When NaNoWriMo is done, I'll be dedicating more time to interiors and finding some unusual DIY ideas to create my desired deconstructed, finished but unfinished household.

On that rather rambling note...

How have you been spending November? Are you wrapping up with as the colder weather rolls in? I missed the snow in my area (gutted), did you have any?!

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment