Monday 31 August 2015

Manic Monday #78

[Image Source: Instagram]
 
Happy Bank Holiday! 
(It is nearly the end, but we can still celebrate...)
Every Monday should be a bank holiday, in my opinion, or we should at least class Monday mornings as the weekend, don't you think you could ease yourself in to the week so much better then?

 I have had a very relaxed Monday and have been adding the final touches to my costume for my friends 'R' themed party, I'm going as Rikku from Final Fantasy, unfortunately things were left a little too late to order the costume, so I've strategically purchased clothes that I would actually wear post party and have spent a minimal amount on accessories so far.

Yesterday, Ben and I visited Dismaland in Weston-Super-Mare, the new 'Bemusement Park, exhibited in the abandoned Lido. It is a collective of artists who have created pieces to address consumerism, political ideas, evoke creativity and is overall, quite inspiring. 

I want to do a full post about Dismaland so I won't go in to it too much today, but just enough to say that it was an eye opener and I did find the whole experience inspiring. I took load of pictures and got some really cool video clips as well, so want to organise them all for a proper post.

I am going to milk the rest of my holiday Monday by catching up with X-Factor, I am a recent Nick Grimshaw convert so am really looking forward to seeing what he adds to the mix.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, have any of you managed to get tickets to go to Dismaland? Or are you interested in the message portrayed by the exhibiton?

Toodles.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment