Monday 29 June 2015

Monday


 It feels like it has been quite some time and it definitely has been. Things have been a bit topsy-turvy this month and I decided to take a step back and out of blogging for a little while as it didn't feel right to me.

June has been a failure in my blogging life, I tried to schedule as much as I could while I was away, but unfortunately time made a fool of me as usual. 

To be quite frank, I have no idea where I want to go with this little space of mine. I love all things make-up based and beauty related but there are blogs far superior to mine and I feel like I am hidden in the shadows. I still will post things as and when I find something amazing but for the most part this won't be a beauty-related blog, another point...I definitely do not have enough disposable income to spend a ludicrous amount on make-up and skin-care items that I may or may not like each month. The beauty blogging world, for me, is far too competitive and fast paced. 

This June has also been one of the most amazing and reflective months for me in the past few years. I visited Canada, somewhere I have wanted to visit since learning about it, I had the most wonderful couple of weeks there, I felt like I was there for an eternity and did so much. It felt weird coming home, I felt right there. I still want to be there now as I type, I am still very much looking forward to sharing my pictures with you all. 

On the other hand, June took a definite U-Turn. There was a car crash in my town, 5 people were involved in a car crash and 3 were killed instantly. One of those people was my best and dearest friend from my entire school life, Emily. I hadn't seen Emily for a few years, having drifted apart after we finished college, but it utterly broke my heart to hear that she had died in such a horrific car accident. It still doesn't feel real or right, that the girl I was best friends with from the age of 3 until 17, was suddenly no longer in this world. She has left behind her a beautiful little girl who is a perfect Mini-Me of Emily, countless friends and her wonderful mum, Gill. The world is now a little less brighter than it used to be, but the night sky has gained a beautiful star. Her friendship still means the world to me and I will never forget the countless, wonderful, silly, hilarious, amazing moments we shared together.

Life throws the unexpected right at you when you least expect it and makes you appreciate everything you have. It makes you say those "I Love You's", "Thank You's" and hold your loved ones a little tighter. 

Live your life for you and do everything you want too. You are capable of everything you dream, make sure you believe it.

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment