Monday 6 July 2015

Manic Monday #70


I've loaded my YouTube Favourites playlist with some songs I've been listing down, it's currently playing through and I'm ready. 

I'm in a complete funk at the moment, I honestly can't put my finger on my ambivalent mood. I think I am missing Canada. Nothing is inspiring me, I don't feel particularly inclined to go to the gym, I'm not too fussed about doing my Duolingo lessons. I won't bore you with the minors but I'm sure you can get my gist.

Nothing is tickling my fancy at the moment! I feel like I'm half asleep, stumbling through life doing what I have to do.

Except a book, a book that I would never have normally given a second too, it's a mystery novel; of sorts, I use that term very loosely, not really knowing the genre I am currently reading very well. It's probably not in the realms of the mystery genre at all. It's a beach read, let's face it, Adele.

The Sudden Departure of the Frasers - it was an impulse pick-up buy while I was shopping, an easy read to reignite my passion for reading after George R.R Martin put my love of reading to the test and essentially broke my heart. Oooh, the pain. 

I am thoroughly enjoying reading the book and I really want to find out what's happening on Lime Park Road! The characters are easily relatable and the writing makes you want to turn over that next page, it's not a task to read it. It's just what I needed.

I'm fed up of feeling like a zombie, so I went to the gym, told my boss/uncle that I have an interview on Thursday morning, cooked some great food and am about to embark upon a few Duolingo lessons before relaxing with The Sudden Departure of the Frasers. 

How do you get out of your ruts? What do you think it is that makes you feel that way in the first place? 

Toodles.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment