Monday 25 April 2016

Manic Monday #111

Not only “deal” but good Lord, GET OVER IT. Don’t let it fester, it will just give you a rash:  

I started yesterday off with a run. I felt motivated to have a good clean out during the day and dedicate the evening to typing up my NaNoWriMo stuff, I'd got in to a good routine with it and was really enjoying it.

I open up OneNote as I usually did and went to grab a drink, I come back to my computer and find that everything that I'd written up so far had gone. 
Disappeared.
Gone.
Bye.

Fourteen and a half thousand words, all gone for no reason. Needless to say I was so upset that I didn't know what to do with myself, except write a sweary tweet at OneNote's Twitter account, cause y'know, that solves all.

 I've admitted defeat and have started typing it all out again, luckily I did handwrite everything and not decide to just type it in to OneNote or else it would all be gone. 
Believe it or not, this has happened to me before - I'd written a fair few chapters of the first book I'd ever started seriously and somehow the file managed to corrupt leaving me with pages of symbols!

https://fmgmoscato.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/2zs68h5.jpg?w=300&h=245

Wooo, the joys of writing!

It's very disheartening to work so hard on something and then have a technical anomaly put an end to it. 
I am determined to not make this set-back put me off, so I continuing with it as we speak; just taking a few more measures to ensure I don't lose everything again!

Have you had a set back on something you've worked hard on? How did you overcome it?

Toodles.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment