Monday 18 April 2016

Manic Monday #110


[Image Source: BHG]

I didn't have a manic Monday in any sense today. I woke up in an amazing apartment in a beautiful building in picturesque grounds. 
For my mum's 60th birthday I paid for us to go to The Welcombe Spa in Stratford-Upon-Avon. 
It was incredibly relaxing, I had an amazing massage with gorgeous Clarins oils, we got to spend the day relaxing in the spa and in the evening enjoying incredible foods.
 I feel shattered though, I never seem to sleep well in those places. 

Today Ben and I had a mortgage appointment, an offer we placed on a house was accepted last week...unsure if I had mentioned that previously!
Today was the 3 hour appointment to talk you through all of your options, rates, affordability, insurance and so on. 
For someone who isn't very clued up on financial aspects it was really interesting and it is also explained in a way that makes it understandable and digestible. 
Understandably there are things we have come away with to check over, consider and there are a couple of things we can decide on for a later date. 
But the initial application has been submitted and we now wait for our potential property to have a survey. 

I do find it difficult to digest a lot of information that is just spoken to me, I learn much better through reading (it tends to go in more) so I'm glad we're fully loaded with copies of everything we have discussed today. 

I'm not going to pretend that I'm organising this all, as it is moving at a pace that I am very comfortable with; Ben has taken full control of the mortgage and financial side of things. As he works in a bank he understands how things work, more so, that I do.
Also, I do get very flustered and confused with all things numbers and money; hence my lack of financial knowledge. 

Regardless of how quickly we move, we are unable to move until August due to the current owners immigrating to Australia. 

It's all very exciting and now, suddenly, feels very real.

Toodles.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment