Wednesday 13 May 2015

Last Chance




Have you ever had a book that you just go back to time and time again? A book that's easy to read and you know like the back of your hand? I do have a selection of books that I have read countless times but only one that I tend to read once a year.

Last Chance by Sarah Dessen is my book. I'm not too sure why I'm drawn to this book time and time again, every now and then the spine just jumps out at me from my book shelf and I have to read it. I could read it in a few hours, but I like to draw it out and savor the words even now. 


I got my copy free with a J-17 Magazine...that's how long ago it was, I don't think it's even in circulation anymore! The edges are dog eared and the spine is well creased, the signs of a well loved book. 

The story is about a teen who is angry at life, being bullied throughout her life for being fat and since losing weight just because people can. She takes a trip to her aunts house over summer and happens upon a job at the Last Chance - the diner is symbolic in the choices that she makes over the summer and to become the person she wants to be. 


It is a sweet, easy read full of parts that still even now make me feel all mushy inside, like I'm living my teen life yet again vicariously through Colie. 

I love this book dearly and hold it close to my heart, I haven't ever picked up a Sarah Dessen book since but follow her avidly on Twitter, she seems like an absolute doll. 

Is there a book that you have like Last Chance? What is it that entices you back in to read it? 

Toodles!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment