Wednesday 26 March 2014

First Impressions: L'Oréal - L'Extraordinaire



I've seen a few posts about these luscious looking glosses and have been pondering whether to get myself on the bandwagon or not...

I, surprise, surprise, found myself in Boots yesterday at the make-up counters, making a beeline for the L'Oréal counter and was soon swatching the L'Extraordinaire by Colour Riche.

There are nine shades in total, which give a nice range, from the statement pops of colour to the more subtle, sultry end of the spectrum. 

The L'Extraordinaire boasts that it is a liquid lipstick, it's an oil based formula, which is supposed to give the shine of a gloss, the colour of a lipstick and the feel of a balm.


I would gladly agree with those statements, however I wouldn't say that it immediately reminds me of a lipstick, I'd stick more to the 'gloss' description, the texture definitely is more reminiscent of the Rimmel Apocalips glosses.

The application is flawless, it glides on effortlessly and leaves a near perfect application. The texture does feel very hydrating and moisturising. The colour payoff is great, all of the ones I swatched were highly pigmented.


Molto Mauve isn't too glossy, unlike some of the statement shades seemed to be, but I think for a dramatic, wet-look gloss they would be a great high-street option.

The packaging is very luxe, it feels expensive in your hands and looks like a product that wouldn't look out of place on an Yves Saint Laurent counter, which is never a bad thing, right?!


Overall, I am very pleased with this buy, I will definitely be buying more to see how they fair, but am pleased with my 'safe' pick for my first test!

Have you tried out the L'Extraordinaire? What did you guys make of it?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment