Monday 10 February 2014

Manic Mondays #5


Once again, Manic Monday is upon us! My day was quite manic, but nowhere near as crazy as previous weeks, thankfully. Whether that is down to my new 'thing' that I am about to mention, or whether it was just a fluke, we'll have to see!

Last week I mentioned that I have been struggling to switch off when coming home from work, as my mind just seems to be swimming with everything that happened throughout the day and mentally trying to prioritise everything for the next day.

I had downloaded the Headspace app a while ago, it was recommended in one of my Birchboxes and me being me downloaded it just because I liked the logo...

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgoheemNE-JDX-Zl4XOVXVpz0tjpFcSPs_baM6nlK2EEQ0IdZmsrQjoX19XqGlwSOedXPziz2FLZ3BrhUc-nOofI3my6_bPtTjAJ-oOnmIkyyQ-VFTyJkCIOSd3H4SrMsa8ueZqcNh4GMU/s1600/Headspace.jpg
Cute right?


Lately, not being able to switch off at night has been driving me absolutely insane, to the point where I didn't feel like I was getting any time away from work at all and felt like I was in a constant status quo of being there all the live long day, even when I wasn't.

Last Thursday I bit the bullet and decided to actually use Headspace, the main bulk of it is a 10 minute assisted meditation exercise, you start out with 10 free taster days when you first download the app. A man's voice, a very relaxing, soothing voice might I add, guides you through the meditation process, if like me you have a busy mind that tends to wander when it is trying to relax, you will be gently nudged back in to the meditation process and he actually makes you pay attention to your surroundings, your body, breathing and how you feel.

I've been doing it every day, I have the tendency to slip with things like this, but with handy reminders and buzz tips to gently remind you to take some time out I have been rather good so far. I have been really enjoying it, I feel incredibly relaxed upon completion of the 10 minutes and I am finding myself to be more in tune with myself and my immediate surroundings because of it. Today, my brain nearly melted when I had a lot of things I had to do, I found myself actually focusing on my breathing to give myself some 'headspace' so I could think with a little more clarity.

I am sleeping much better than I have been and am generally feeling more relaxed within myself!

If you are feeling cluttered, stressed, anxious or stretched thinly I would recommend trying out Headspace, I find it is a great little app, that is wonderfully designed and very, very simple to use. There are loads of little widgets and in-app help that come in really useful.

Taking 10 minutes a day for yourself can work wonders. Do it, you deserve it!


No comments:

Post a Comment