Tuesday 30 August 2016

Last Night


The time has come for my last evening in my childhood home, for what I hope is the last time. 

It feels a little odd to me and I'm starting to feel a little nostalgic about it, I have been and returned to my home a few times now, what with university and living with friends.

Now Ben and I have taken a huge step and have purchased our first house. 
Our completion day is tomorrow, we have a fully stocked van and are ready to go to collect the keys as soon as we get the call. 

It feels like a huge chapter in my life is coming to an end and I've never felt that before when I've moved out previously. It's definitely a step we've taken lightly in our lives and have made this choice together after much deliberation and consideration. 

I'm very grateful to my parents for creating a childhood home that I didn't want to run from at the age of 16 and I have so many amazing memories from living here. From my childhood spent with my brother and cousins, to watching my niece grow from a baby in to the lovely little lady she now is, all the while my parents were alongside watching and guiding us as they deemed necessary.

I'll miss it. 

But I'm very excited and very happy that we are finally taking the step in to our own house. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment